Inventory Location Management
In day-to-day operations, Transportation Planners are often confronted with different challenges:
- Maximize the number of FTL deliveries at the minimum possible cost;
- Local out-of-stock: one or more products are unavailable at one or more of the stock locations; and
- Global out-of-stock: one or more products are unavailable at any of the stock locations.
The Eyefreight Inventory Location Management Module resolves these situations by:
- Identifying the ideal stock location from which to deliver a product, based on maximizing the number of FTL deliveries at the minimum possible cost;
- Proposing intracompany product transfers for shipment consolidation purposes;
- Creating an intracompany transfer containing missing products;
- Re-allocating a complete order to a plant with all requested product in stock; and
- Clearly identifying orders that are undeliverable and highlighting the reason why, so Planners can coordinate with Customer Service.