Work as a member of one of our SCRUM based product teams! Design, develop and maintain the core product’s new functionalities and extend the existing ones – maintaining Eyefreight’s quality and robustness.
Eyefreight is a young, fast-growing logistics software company with large, multinational customers including ABB, Zalando, Tata Steel and Levi Strauss & Co. Founded in 2009 by industry veterans and headquartered in Bunnik (Utrecht Area).
Eyefreight is a leading provider of SaaS Transportation Management System (TMS) technology, a cutting-edge software solution to help clients drive real business value through global logistics operations. They offer the only transportation management system with inventory allocation and transport planning algorithms that facilitate automated decision-making, weighing variables and calculations much faster than competitors relying on manual human analysis, calculations and scenario planning.
You will work in one of the local SCRUM based product teams and interact with our local and outsourced teams abroad. In our HQ, you will work side by side to your colleague developers, architects and testers. Frequent interaction also happens with our product owners/managers.
Responsibility and Function:
Your responsibility is to ensure that the product and clients’ requirements are implemented according to specs. This is achieved executing test procedures and defininig test plans within a scrum team.
The objective is of course to maintain Eyefreight’s quality and robustness, making sure that the core product’s new and existing functionalities work as per specs.
- Specification and design of manual and automated tests for new product features, extending the automation test framework
- Test execution as a member of Scrum team
- Analyze and interpret the test results, create test reports
- Maintain the test ware and ensure re-usability for future regression tests (Jira/ Xray), as a member of QA team
- Reporting of work in progress, issues and bugs in Jira issue tracker.
- Basic test server maintenance, Linux
Job Requirements: Software tester
Education and experience:
As a tester, you have a relevant Bachelor’s degree in Informatics or Polytechnic in Informatics, and a minimum of 5 years experience in (Java) software development using the skills and knowledge as stated in this profile.
You have fluent English language skills (Dutch is not necessary, it’s an international team) and you are a pro-active team player.
- Hands-on experience in software testing and test methodologies (developing test cases, test procedures, automated test scripts and test reports)
- Ability to work in multiple projects in parallel
- Experienced in working in a continuous integration environment and taking initiative
- Understands Agile, Scrum experience
- Good communicator (across multiple teams; OPS / Services / Development)
- Skilled using the tools required to perform Regression tests, UI tests and End-to-end tests.
- Techniques: working knowledge of HTTP/S, XML, JSON and Soap.
- Programming languages and frameworks: Java, JSF, AJAX, SQL. Angular is a plus.
- Tools: Selenium Webdriver, Soap UI or another Soap tool, Jira, Git|Bitbucket, Confluence and Crucible
- Databases: Oracle and Postgres
- Methods: working knowledge of how to read UML Class diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams and Use Cases
- Environments: Linux, knowledge on AWS would be a plus
- Knowledge on logistics and route planning would be a plus
- Languages: English (required) and Dutch (a plus)
- Information security: knowledge on ISO27001 would be a plus
- Perform extensive testing based on well written requirements. You are able to define and create test sets that ensure a good coverage of the all tests performed.
Compensation and benefits
Eyefreight offers a Testers a challenging position in a young, dynamic and academic environment. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A company pension plan (no personal contribution)
- Flexible working hours
- Collective lunch, fresh fruits and good coffee
- A conveniently located office, attainable by car, public transit or (racing) bicycle
Start with a contract for one year. The next step will be a permanent contract.
And for workers from outside the Netherlands:
- Eyefreight will help you obtain a knowledge migrant status including the favourable 30% tax ruling for foreign knowledge workers in the Netherlands.
- One-month salary relocation allowance as well as a reimbursement fee for your transportation costs.