Work as a member of one of our SCRUM based product teams! Design, develop and maintain the core product’s new functionalities and extend the existing ones – maintaining Eyefreight’s quality and robustness.
Eyefreight is a young, fast-growing logistics software company with large, multinational customers including ABB, Zalando, Tata Steel and LEVI Strauss & Co. Founded in 2009 by industry veterans and headquartered in Bunnik (Utrecht Area).
Eyefreight is a leading provider of SaaS Transportation Management System (TMS) technology, a cutting-edge software solution to help clients drive real business value through global logistics operations. They offer the only transportation management system with inventory allocation and transport planning algorithms that facilitate automated decision-making, weighing variables and calculations much faster than competitors relying on manual human analysis, calculations and scenario planning.
Working in one of the local SCRUM based product teams (local: ten developers, two architects, three testers, four product owners/managers, outsourced: 3 more scrum teams), the Java Developer will be responsible for maintaining, designing and developing the core product’s new functionality, as well as for extending existing functionality – maintaining Eyefreight’s quality and robustness.
In collaboration with the client team, the Java Developer will also extend standard functionality to suit customer needs. Typically, this results in a product configuration containing a bundle of customized screens, actions and system interfaces.
- B2B integration of customer data concerning sales and transport order data and shipment information, using web services (SOAP and REST) with JAXB and batch processing;
- Integration of a search engine for efficient querying of data, reducing database load;
- Dependency injection within the OSGi context using OSGi Blueprint Service specification.
Job Requirements: Java Developer
As a Java Developer, you have a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and a minimum of five years of development experience in Java or Java related code. You have fluent English language skills (Dutch is not necessary, it’s an international team) and you are a pro-active team player.
Must have experience:
- Java 6+
- Spring Core
- Hibernate + HQL/SQL
- AngularJS (or another modern JS Framework)
- Unit testing (JUnit with Mocking)
- Interpreting UML Class diagrams, State Diagrams and Use Cases
“Nice to have” experience:
Java 8, Angular 2, REST, SOAP, SCRUM, EAI, Maven, Eclipse, Algorithms, Oracle and Spring modules Security, Web Services, Batch and Integration.
Compensation and benefits
Eyefreight offers a Java Developer a challenging positions in a young, dynamic and academic environment. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A company pension plan (no personal contribution)
- Flexible working hours
- Collective lunch, fresh fruits and good coffee
- A conveniently located office, attainable by car, public transit or (racing) bicycle
And for workers from outside the Netherlands
- Eyefreight will help you obtain a knowledge migrant status including the favorable 30% tax ruling for foreign knowledge workers in the Netherlands.
- One-month salary relocation allowance as well as a reimbursement fee for your transportation costs